PE & Sports Premium
The PE and Sports Premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the physical education, physical activity and sport that they offer their pupils. At St James’ CE Primary School we recognise and value the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all of our children. We provide an inclusive and progressive PE curriculum throughout the school and offer a range of opportunities for children of all ages.
Our PE and Sports Premium will enable us to continue and extend our provision in line with The Department for Education’s vision. The money received must be spent by schools making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of health active lifestyles.
The Department for Education Vision: ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
The PE and Sport Premium money is to be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils. At St James’, we are funding the following:
- Supporting regular sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages
- Entering children into different leagues and competitions organised by the Enfield PE Team.
- Procuring quality assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport through the Enfield School Sports Partnership.
- Specialist gymnastic teaching.
- Providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and Sport.
- Purchasing further resources.
- Additional after school sports clubs.
- Increasing pupil participation in inter and intra school competitions.
- Training Year 5 & 6 Young Sports Leaders through our partnership with the Enfield PE Team.
- Lunch time play leaders to run games and activities
- Implementing activities to supplement the PE and sport already established in school.